Skip to content
- Hang out and engage with locals. It will make your trip a lot more interesting – and protection!
- Learn the local language, at least try to learn a few words, it will be greatly appreciated.
- Dress simple, don’t show off with fancy brand clothing or precious jewelry. You will attract the wrong kind of people – thieves.
- It’s always safer to travel in a group than on your own.
- When going out, just take the most necessary items with you.
- Protect yourself from pick-pocketing by not using your phone in the streets.
- Don’t wander around with the camera hung around your neck or exposed in any way.
- Carry a pepper spray with you. (I never had to use mine, but you never know.)
- Live in the moment, and enjoy every place and its people as much as you can! It’s the little things, unexpected encounters, that become unforgettable memories.